0.01 AGE - (For the 2013-2014 Season)
14 year olds: Born on or after September 1, 1998
12 year olds: Born on or after September 1, 2000
10 year olds: Born on or after September 1, 2002
8 year olds: Born on or after September 1, 2004
***Games in which an ineligible player has been used shall be declared forfeited.
0.02 HEIGHT - No height limits.
0.03A REQUIREMENT FOR FRANCHISE -Application for franchise must be submitted to Headquarters and approved. Organizations having instituted grievance, lawsuit or any claim against Biddy Basketball and/or its offices will not be granted a franchise.
0.03B TYPES OF FRANCHISES -
A. There are seven types of Franchises:
8 years and under - Girls
10 years and under - Girls
12 years and under - Girls
8 years and under - Boys
10 years and under - Boys
12 years and under - Boys
14 years and under - Boys
B. Applications for Franchise in 8,10, 12 and 14 year olds must include the annual Registration Fee of $25.00 per team. This fee includes the $5.00 Regional Director Fee. NO REFUNDS
C. All leagues competing in tournament play must apply for franchise on or before February 1st. and must subsequently fulfill tournament credential and financial requirements.
D. All franchised leagues may add teams after registration by paying a $25.00 fee for each additional team.
0.04 TYPES OF LEAGUES -
1. Traditional League- A league must be composed of a minimum of (4) four teams to become a franchised Biddy Basketball League. A league having more than 144 players must be divided into divisions. The divisions can be of any combination, however, cannot have more than 144 players or less than 20 players.
A. If a league is divided into two or more divisions, each division must be represented by a tournament team in tournament competition. Each tournament team must be selected from its division.
B. The teams of one division may play the teams of another division in a straight league.
2. Modified League- A league consisting of less than 4 teams will be granted a franchise under the modified title for a maximum of three years.
A. Biddy Basketball will not approve any modified franchise where a Biddy Basketball League exists within 30 miles of that base.
3. School League- Any school may apply for a Biddy Franchise, regardless of territorial boundaries, but must stay within their student body.
0.05 GEOGRAPHICAL BOUNDARIES-
The base for geographical boundaries is to maintain fair competition between leagues, but shall not establish to prevent healthy expansion of teams, leagues, and franchises within any given area.
a. National Headquarters must receive and approve geographical boundaries and player eligibility limitations (maps and/or other specifications) established by each league in conjunction with the Regional Director in whose region that league exists and operates. Such geographical boundaries and player eligibility limitations shall be subject to review and adjusted by Regional Directors and Headquarters wherever it is deemed advisable.
b. Any player residing outside the geographical boundaries of a league in which he/she participates, will not be eligible for All- Star competition, but may play with such league (also see 0.06 Dual Participation).
c. If a player resided within a shared buffer zone and not within the defining boundaries of a franchise, the player must complete his/her Biddy career with the franchise first chosen. Exception, the athlete can prove a legitimate, legal change of residence into the defining boundaries of another franchise.
d. If an athlete had started his/her career and moves before a new year begins, he/she has the option to continue to play for his/her original organization or to play for the new Biddy organization near which now the player resides. However, if he/she decided to play for the new franchise, he/she cannot go back.
0.06 DUAL PARTICIPATION -
Biddy Basketball does not dictate where a child can play basketball. However, All-Star eligibility will be declined for any player who plays in more than one Biddy Basketball league within the same year.
0.07 JURISDICTION -
1. All competition: Invitational, District, State, Regional and National, shall be played under the jurisdiction of Biddy Basketball Headquarters.
2. District, Regional and National tournament financial distributions are established by the National Headquarters.
3. Headquarters will appoint Regional and District Directors.
0.08A REGIONAL ORGANIZATIONS -
Leagues franchised as Biddy Basketball Leagues by Biddy Basketball Headquarters, shall thereby be subject to the powers and jurisdiction of Regional Directors and regional organizations within whose territorial limits such leagues exist and operate.
0.08B POWER OF REGIONAL DIRECTORS -
1. Regional Directors may formulate, in conjunction with their committees such rules and regulations and territorial and jurisdictional limits as they are not in conflict with Biddy Basketball rules and regulations and will enable said Directors to better conduct their organizations and govern leagues existing and operating within their territorial limits. Headquarters shall pass final approval on all regional rules, regulations and policies.
2. Regional Director shall have the power to suspend any official, manager, coach, player, sponsor, team, or league violating Biddy Basketball rules and regulations, subject to official review by Biddy Basketball Headquarters.
3. Regional Directors shall function as direct representation of Headquarters in relation to administration of leagues within their area and shall enforce all rules and regulations and directive as issued by Headquarters.
4. Regional Directors or appointed representative will certify credentials and must sign forms.
0.09 CLASSIFICATIONS (BOYS ONLY) -
Types of Classifications: A (see #2) AA and AAA (10 & 12's only)
1. Leagues will be placed in a classification by their Regional Director, subject to approval by National Headquarters. Leagues may request for reclassification in writing by the franchise president to National Headquarters.
2. Leagues participating in the class "AA" and/or "AAA" may also form an "A" class to participate in tournament competition. "A" class teams in the 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12 year old leagues must conist of only 7,9, and 11 year old players.
3. National tournaments will be held for each classification.
10.00 TEAM COMPOSITION -
Each tournament team shall consist of ten (10) players, two (2) alternates and two (2) coaches. However, more bench personnel are allowed but not recognized by tournament as team composition.
a. The two (2) alternates must be designated on score book when submitting line- up before the game and will be permitted to enter the game and not be required to play six (6) minutes as required in rule 11.00
b. Tournament team roster must consist of no more than twelve (12) players. Changes or substitutions must be sent in to the National Headquarters for approval. No changes or substitutions can be made during a tournament competition.
10.00 COMPULSORY PLAYING TIME -
Every player (10 minimum) must play one full quarter of each game. Exception: A Team having only 9 players must contact the national office for approval. An approved team with 9 players must also sit out each player for one full quarter. (Under no circumstances will approval be given to a team with 8 or less players.) Time keepers will not be used. It is the responsibility of the coach to ensure that all players meet this requirement. Players must start and finish the first quarter in which he/she enetrs the game, with the following exceptions:
1) If a player leaves the game due to injury before finishing the full quarter, an alternate must enter the game and finish the quarter. The alternate's time counts as finishing the injured player's required time.
a. A player who left the game due to injury may return anytime in the same quarter for the alternate player only.
b. If a player is required to leave the game due to blood before finishing the full quarter, an alternate must play until the player is cleared to return.
2) An alternate may sub for a player that has 3 or 4 fouls; the alternate must finish the quarter to satisfy the one completed quarter. A team with 10 players or less may not substitute a player with 3 or 4 fouls until that player receives his 5th foul, at which point the opposing coach selects the substitute.
a. If a team has 10 players or less and 1 player is fouled out or disqualified for any reason before completing their six (6) minute playing time, then the opposing coach will select the alternate player.
3. Alternates CAN NOT start the 1st or 2nd quarter.
*** A team can start a game with less than ten (10) players. However, if the tenth player does not start his/her six (6) minute play time by the start of the fourth quarter, then the game will be a forfeit.
*** Penalty for playing an illegal substitute is a two shot technical foul (if entry is not legal, a substitute becomes a player when the ball becomes live).
12.00 ALL-STAR PLAYER ELIGIBILITY -
1. Players must play in one age league to be eligible for All-Stars. Boys cannot play on a girls team, but girls can play on a boys teams. However, players cannot play on two (2) special teams.
2. A player must finish his/her career in the franchise he/she started, unless a bona fide move outside the league's boundaries is made.
3. Players listed on team rosters must meet all the credential requirements to be eligible (See rule 13.00). No tournament official, District or Regional Director shall have the authority to waive this requirement.
13.00 CREDENTIALS -
The tournament team coach must place in the custody of the Regional Director or his appointed representative the following credentials prior to the start of competition.
1. Birth documents- Each player on a Biddy Basketball league roster must file with his respective League President before his first regularly scheduled game an original record of his birth. The following will suffice for an original:
a. A certified and notorized Photostat of the original record of birth.
b. A certificate from the State, County, City Bureau of Vital Statistics, Department of Health, Hospital Certificates, or Record of Notification of Birth by the Bureau of Census of the U.S. Department of Health.
c. Certified copy of delayed registration of birth.
d. Consular Service Form - FS-240 "Report of Birth" issued by the U.S. Department of State and Immigration and Naturalization Forms I-151, I-25 and Approved Budget Bureau No. 43-R311-7 issued by the U.S. Department of Justice and Original Passports.
2. Form-X Cards- Each player should attach a current picture and fill out name, date of birth, address, phone number, name of attending school, grade and school phone number. Each card should also have the following signatures: School Principal, Parent or Guardian, League President, Player, and Coach.
3. Local League and All-Star Team Rosters- All rosters must be kept with credentials and be filed with the National Headquarters and their Regional Director prior to the start of their first scheduled game.
4. League Schedule and League Scorebook- A league schedule should be accompanied by the official scorebooks containing records of tournament players with the All-Star player names either underlined or highlighted. Every team in a league must play a minimum of nine (9) games for a player to be eligible for All-Star competition. He/she must have played in half (minimum of 5) of his/her team's regularly shceduled league games prior to the start of tournament play.
5. League Insurance- All league teams must be covered by group accident insurance before the team will be permitted to compete in any Biddy Basketball competition. It is recommended that all leagues be protected by adequate liability insurance as well.
6. Team Picture- Every team must submit with credentials an 8x10 gloss team picture with player identifications. (NO PICTURE, NO PLAY)
14.00 UNIFORMS -
1. National Federation Rule apply. (Piping, trim requirements and lettering are waived).
2. Penalty for any of the below- technical foul for each violation.
a. Uniforms must have numbers on front and back of jerseys. No digit greater than five (5) shall be used. Exception: International teams.
b. Sweatbands on arms and legs, headbands, shooter sleeves, and long sleeves are prohibited in Biddy competition. Ankle and Knee braces are permitted, but all exposed hinges must be covered.
c. Undershirts must be the same color as the uniform jersey. shoes and socks worn by individual players must match in order for individual eligibility.
d. Biddy Basketball Emblems (patches) must be worn on the front pants leg. If a player has reversible shorts, a patch is only required on one side. Patches can be purchased through National Headquarters.
15.00 TOURNAMENT RULES -
1. Only Biddy Basketball franchises can participate in a sanctioned Biddy Basketball Tournament. Franchised leagues are prohibited from playing a disqualified team in any type of game. Such participation is subject to disqualification.
2. Each tournament game must be played in the presence of the tournament director or his assistant. No tournament game shall start play in absence of said directors.
3. Tournament schedules will consist of either an official Biddy double elimination bracket or a two (2) Division Round Robin bracket. Only one bracket per age group will be used in any one tournament.
4. The host team will not be eligible for a tournament bye when advanced without playing in District or Regional tournament.
5. No tournament team shall play in more than three (3) tournament games per day.
6. If an ineligible player participates in any tournament game then that game is deemed a forfeit.
7. All tournament games shall be played with official Biddy Basketball goals (8U & 10U), balls, and state certified game officials.
8. All-Star teams are not to play in any tournament prior to December 25th. Violators will be ineligible for District, State, Regional, or National competition.
11. District winners advance to Regionals and Regional and State winners advance to Nationals.
16.00 REGULATION GAME -
1. Four 6 minute quarters.
2. Overtime periods - Three (3) minutes.
3. One (1) minute between quarters and ten (10) minutes between halves.
4. Five (5) fouls disqualifies a player.
5. Three (3) seconds for 10, 12 and 14 year old key lock lanes. Five (5) seconds for 8 year olds only.
17.00 COURT -
All courts should be in accordance with the official basketball court dimensions.
a. Baskets - All Biddy Basketball games must be played with the official Biddy Basketball goal height requirements.
i. 8 Year Olds- 8’6” high
ii. 10 Year Olds- 9' high
iii. 12 & 14 Year Olds- 10' high
b. Backboard - Adjustable units. 8 & 10 Year Olds- Official Biddy wooden backboards
c. Free Throw Line -
i. 8 & 10 Year Olds- Must be 12'10" from the back board.
ii. 12 & 14 Year Olds- Must be 15' (high school regulation distance).
i. 8 Year Olds- Black & yellow 27.5" junior ball
ii. 10 Year Olds- Black & yellow 28.5" official ball
iii. 12 Year Olds- Composite leather 28.5" official ball
iv. 14 Year Olds- Composite leather 29.5" regulation ball
e. Keylock - (see Diagram pages 17 &18 in rule book)
f. 19 FOOT ARC - 3 points.
18.00 8 YEAR OLD MODIFICATION -
1. No full court press until 4th quarter.
2. Defense must be back at least 3 feet from the half court line to allow the offensive player a chance to get the ball over the line.
3. If a defensive player fouls another player in the back court before the 4th quarter, he/she will be charged with a personal foul and a pressing violation.
4. A team with a 25 point lead must set their defense of 5 players within the keylock's five second area and must stay in until less than 20 points.
5. Penalty for violations of #1, #2, #3 & #4 will result in one (1) technical foul/ two (2) shots after first warning.
19.00 NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS -
1. Host Sponsors of the National Tournaments are not responsible for visiting teams lodging, traveling expenses to and from games or other tournament events, and/or food expenses.
2. Brackets will be drawn at the tournament site.
3. Request and permission of co-host(s) must be submitted, in writing, to the National Headquarters before February 1st.
4. All teams must attend opening ceremonies. Failure to attend will result in a penalty of $100.00 and/or disqualification from tournament.
5. Tournament Fee of $400.00 must be submitted to the Hosting Tournament Director prior to the start of any participating game. (NO FEE, NO PLAY)
6. Team pictures must be submitted to the Hosting Tournament Director for tournament program. (NO PICTURE, NO PLAY)
20.00 CONDUCT -
Boisterous, rowdy, and/or uncontrollable fans are subject to expulsion from gymnasium and the next game and possibly arrest. Coaches are responsible for their fans and their players and are also subject to such penalties. Any coach or player ejected from game in progress will be disqualified and will be suspended from next game. Second offense at any time will result in disqualification from tournament.
21.00 DUNKING OR STUFFING PROHIBITED
Attempting to dunk or stuff at any time is a technical foul and subject to disqualification, suspension of next game and/or $100.00 fine if final fame. (Exception, 12 & 14 year olds will play NFHSAA rules.)
22.00 SWIMMING PROHIBITED -
The National Biddy Basketball Organization prohibits swimming in conjunction with all Biddy Basketball activities. Any swimming allowed in the association with any Biddy Basketball event is without the authorization of Biddy Basketball. The local league and/or team representatives assumes all liability for swimming events. This rule has been made due to the increased risk caused by swimming activities.
23.00 ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES -
No alcoholic beverages can be sold or allowed in Biddy Basketball games.
24.00 SPONSORSHIPS -
Biddy Basketball recommends that local leagues carefully screen applicants for sponsorship and suggests Civic Clubs, fraternal organizations, service clubs, recreation departments, schools, etc. as examples of the broad field from which sponsors should be selected. Biddy Basketball forbids sponsorship by any independent organization or individual whose activities may be regarded as inimical to the welfare of youth, and therefore strongly advises meticulous care in the selection of sponsors.
25.00 PROTESTS OF LOCAL LEAGUES-
All disputes and protests of local leagues shall be decided by the League President or by his or hers appointed committee. (National Headquarters will not accept protests.)
26.00 VIOLATIONS, CLARIFICATIONS, INTERPRETATIONS AND EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES-
1. Violation of Biddy Basketball's policies or rules will result in indefinite disqualification of player, coach, team and/or franchise and subject to fines.
2. Clarifications and interpretations of rules by Headquarters will be given only in writing and then only upon written request. Rules not listed in the Biddy Rule Book will follow the NFHSAA Rules.
3. Please contact National Headquarters if you have any questions regarding the rules or if you feel that you have a special circumstance. The National Director will rule on extenuating circumstances. Any condition must have a written approval from the National office.
4. National Director has authority to change or make rules at his discretion.
Biddy Basketball is a trademark name and its use is subject to prosecution unless permission is first obtained from its National Headquarters at
2377 Leon C. Simon Drive, New Orleans, Louisiana 70122
(504) 283-5917, Fax: (504) 283-8225 Email: email@example.com
BIDDY BASKETBALL, LLC. is legally incorporated under the laws of the State of Louisiana, maintaining its domicile at 2377 Leon C. Simon Drive, Louisiana 70122.
Wherever the name BIDDY BASKETBALL, LLC. appears herein following, the reference is to the corporation.
BIDDY BASKETBALL does not exist outside of the corporation context.